Petrol Ofisi started its operations in 1941 in Ankara as a public enterprise with a team of nine people to purchase and import petroleum and petroleum products to address the needs of the public and private sector as well as of final consumers, to create stocks that would cover the entire country, and to do its marketing. Its symbol is a female wolf blasting flame from her mouth and has its origins in the female wolf Asena, one of the main figures in Turkish mythology.
Petrol Ofisi became a joint stock company in 1983 and was privatized in 2000. Today, it is Turkey’s leading fuel, LPG distribution and lubes and chemicals company with more than 1.900 fuel stations, 1 lubricants factory, 8 fuel terminals, 1 LPG terminal, 18 airport supply units, and approximately 1 million cubic meters of storage capacity.
According to the 2020 data from Capital 500, Petrol Ofisi is Turkey’s fifth largest company with a turnover of nearly 43 billion.